Friday, June 27, 2014

Family Vacation

For the first time in over 5 years, my entire family, (my husband, kids, my parents, my sister and her family) are going on a vaction or more of a weekend getaway if you will. I am really excited. We are going to Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL, which is really just the suburbs of CHICAGO THE MOST WONDERFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD (in my book). We are driving up, which is like a 3 hour drive from where we live, which isn't bad. We are staying the night there at Key Lime Cove, which is this super awesome waterpark resort. No one in my family has been to six flags before so we are all really anxious to see whats in store for us. We normally go to Adventureland in Des Moines, IA but the whole entire hotel was booked for the weekend we wanted to go, and if I can't stay at Adventureland Inn (that has a swim up bar) then it's no dice for this girl. So therefore we decided to change it up a bit and try to broaden our horizons. Key lime cove has:

This super sweet wave pool that you will catch me in probably 99.9% of the trip because it is the closest thing I will ever get to an ocean. (That I have never seen.) :-(


This aracade that will take all of my money and give me dog toy sized prize




They have a bunch of different restaurants within the resort and different little shops. I however do not plan on going to any of the restaurants in the hotel because....


They have my favorite place in all the lands.... There is no place like Joe's. At least in my little midwestern mind there isn't.

 
 
Now on to Six Flags. I am not really a "rides" type of person. I am more for the food, the entertainment and the people watching. Actually my entire family is this way, which is why I am curious as to why we chose to go to an amusement park, I guess for the kids. Most of the rides, there will have to be an adult riding along, so we all are going to have to suck it up and deal with it. My husband is terrified of roller coasters. I will ride them, I just wouldn't plan a vacation just so I could ride roller coasters if the vacation was planned solely on what I want to do. My sisters boyfriend however is a roller coaster junkie. He loves them, and no one else going will ride them and the kids aren't old enough. So I will be possibly riding a coaster or 2. All in all I am just really excited to spend an entire weekend with my family. Be ready for a picture dump next week!!!
 
-Ali
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment