Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Back to life, Back to reality...

I'm a little bit late to my blogging duties this week. However, it has taken me until now to recooperate from the hectic and crazy vacation I recently embarked on.

First off let me start by saying, when I say I am going to be somewhere at say, 7AM. More than likely I will be there at 8AM. That's just me. My family should know this by now. So therefore we got a late start on our trip and didn't end up getting to Gurnee until 12:00PM.

Pictures from the car ride


 

 
Then we finally arrived in what I can only describe as paradise.



 
 









 
 
 
 
It had such cute little shops in it. One was a "trading post" that was open 24 hours that had anything you could possibly need, from snacks, to souvenirs to shampoo just in case you forgot yours. I am a little bit sad I didn't get all of the pictures from inside the resort. They had a childrens spa, an ice cream shop, a build a bear type station, a t-shirt shop, 2 restaurants one with a bar (that I didn't get to partake in) and two little food stands.
 
 
I didn't get basically any pictures of us all at Six Flags. Let me just say, this was my first time there, and probably my last. Sure it is probably a grand ol' time without 4 kids under 8 years old. Holy cow. One wanted to do this, the others didn't. The littlest whined the majority of the time. Lines for rides with a wait time of 1 HOUR and 20 MINUTES. You have got to be some kinds of crazy to think little kids are going to be patient and just wait in line, I am 26 years old and I couldn't handle the waits any longer. Moral of the story, we were all hot, all crabby, all done. This amusement park is geared more towards older kids and adults. In the entire 7 hours we were there, we rode maybe, 4 thrill rides. The adults rode, 2 rides with the kids. There was an entire section of kiddie rides so that kept them all busy for a couple of hours. The baby even got to ride the kiddie rides so the whining subsided for about an hour. Poor kids, I felt bad for them, they were just bored and tired of waiting. I was too. None of us got to ride a roller coaster, and it sucked. I should of known better than to think we would be able to accomplish that with all the kids. Thats ok though we had a good time anyways.
 
(Don't pay any mind to the strange men on the right who wouldn't move out of the way for our picture.)



 
We spent so much time at the park that is was now 8:00PM and the waterpark closed at 10. I made the group decision to scrap Joe's Crab Shack so that the kids (I) could unwind from the some what of a stressful day. We checked into our rooms, took our bags up (we couldn't check in until we were done at the amusement park, what kind of crap is that?). Quickly we changed into our swim gear, and headed down to the food stands. They had Gyros, Pizza, Pizza Burgers, Spaghetti, Hot Dogs, Chicken Fingers and brats. I went with a Gyro and it was suprisingly delicious. After we ate we went quickly to the waterpark and wave pooled our butts off. The kids had a BLAST. 
Sunday morning we went to the breakfast buffet at the restaurant in the hotel. It was like 5 star delicious. YUM. Then we headed back to the waterpark and spent the entire day there. We went on the lazy river, the wave pool and all of the adult went on the vortex slide that is beyond fun. (Even my parents went on it.
 
Needless to say, which should of passed on the amusement park and spent our entire trip at the waterpark, but you live and you learn. Here are a couple more delightful pics of my family this weekend.


My little man having a great time

Hubby looked a little stressed out and tired

Dad had to give me a fake smile because we were worn out

My baby girl didn't care what we were doing as long as she wasn't in a stroller!

My nieces and my mom
 
Sorry sis, I guess I didn't get a picture with you and Ryan. I wasn't in many of the pictures either. We have the memory in our minds, who has time for pictures when your having so much fun!
 
Love you guys thanks for the great weekend and memories! Until next family vacation....
 
-Ali



 


No comments:

Post a Comment