Friday, July 18, 2014

Fridays, Weddings and a belly full of white dog crap

It's Friday!!!!! Thank god! This week has been so damn long.
 

 It's probably because I am really excited for the wedding of my husbands cousin. It is the first wedding I've been to all year, and not only this year but I don't think I've been to a wedding in atleast 2 years. The kids are going to stay the night at grandma's so my husband and I can have a fun night together alone. My husband is actually in the wedding and I just knew it would be added stress to have to chase after the kids by myself because he would be busy with his duties in the wedding. There is just something I love about weddings. The love, the romance, the dancing, the music, quality time with friends and family, the delcious drinks food....The list goes on.


 
 
 
 I am especially excited because I have literally grown up with my husbands cousin. We were friends before I even dated my husband. I've seen his girlfriends come and go, and even though I am still friends with alot of his exes, there is just something special about the girl he asked to be his wife. She is a loving, caring, sweet girl. It's funny before I had even met her in person, we were "facebook friends". For three years my husband and his cousin kind of had a falling out, spoke and still were close but didnt spend alot of time togther. For those almost three years, her and I always went back and forth on facebook. So when we first met it was as if we had known each other for years. It is very weird to meet someone for the first time face to face, that you have spoken with for years over social media. Social media is strange my friends, when you are out in public and you see one of your "facebook friends" in public and either you, or the "friend" run opposite ways and do not say hello to each other. I am guilty of this, yes. This was totally different. There was no awkwardness, it was like we had always known each other. Later that evening when we met, we all discussed getting together for a BBQ the following weekend. So that next weekend we went over to their house for the BBQ and this is when I first met her twin daughters. I brought my kids along as well. The kids instantly clicked and were playing and having fun. The guys started grilling, and us girls started to talk wedding talk. She showed me a picture of her in her wedding dress, she showed me her shoes, the girls dresses and shoes and the centerpieces. We were fast friends. I am so happy for them and I wish them many, many years of happiness. I can't wait to celebrate with them and dance the night away. Pictures to come!

The Bride, my daughter and I.
(sorry for the blurry picture, camera phones grrrr)


Tonight I am having my bestest friends over for a girls night in. Dinner, movies, ice cream, and possible slumber party! (The hubby  has to go to the wedding rehearsal and is staying the night with the groom to be) "On Fridays we eat Mexican." Yet the girls always seem to screw this up by eating it on Thursdays without me.......


 

These bitches...
(4th of July, never forget....)
-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment