Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Home

Having a house of your own may not seem like much to the average person my age. However many people my age or younger than me have fufilled their dream. I have literally dreamt and thought about having my own home every minute of everyday for the past 7 years. Realistically, I am only 26 years old and it isn't that uncommon that I don't own a home yet, but being a mother since I was 18, it's hard for me not to think about it day after day. I know my kids deserve everything I had when I was young. A yard, neighbor friends, their own rooms, pets and the memories that come with it. As a child, I always had a home, we didn't live in apartments. So therefore I feel as though I am failing as a parent, that I am failing my kids. My kids need for nothing, they have nice clothes, all the toys they could dream of and they are loved, and thats all that should matter, I should be satisfied. I have a good marriage, happy beautiful kids and I thank god for that everyday. I know someday I will have a house of my own, but it just seems so far away and I am not getting any younger and neither are my kids, they are literally growing up and their childhood is passing me by right before my very eyes. All I can do is work harder, pay off my debts and be patient. Being patient is VERY hard for me. This comes from the girl who always messes up her nailpolish because she is too impatient to wait for it to try, therefore creating more work for herself by having to re-paint said nails...Story of my life.
 
My poor mother, all I ever do is sit and complain and whine to her about how I want a house and yada yada yada. She explains to me that my time will come, and that I just have to be patient and when the time comes and we are ready everything will work out. I know it will work out, it's just hard to be so patient on such a big dream. I just want a place to call "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment