Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The first couple of days

Day 1 of my journey back into living a healthier lifestyle went pretty good. I ate really good all day, I went to my mom and dads home gym and spent a solid 30 minutes giving it my all. Luckily my parents are also on the wagon and decided to cook healthy and invite me over this week to eat with them which is a huge help. It is literally taking everything inside of me to not have pop. I've never been a pop drinker but the past couple of years I've really become addicted. Especially to fountain pop. It took everything inside of me to not stop at Mcdonalds for my daily sausage mcmuffin for breakfast and a large diet coke yesterday and today. I've been doing really well with drinking my water and making sure to refill alot. I love my bubba cup because it's holds 32oz of water, keeps it really cold, and the straw makes it easier to drink and tricks me into thinking I'm having one of my beloved fountain pops.

I know I said I was planning on joining a gym, but I decided on just going to my parents basement gym to work out. They have a treadmill, an elliptical, a recumbent bike, and a bowflex. Last night I did a circut work out moving to a different machine every 10 minutes. I didn't use the bowflex because I need my dad to put it together and show me how to use it so I don't kill myself! It worked out perfectly, my parents were my babysitters and Gavin actually joined me and kept switching to whatever machine I wasn't on. My parents are literally right up the street from me so it's less of a drive, I can go over whenever I want to and it's free. If I decide this becomes too boring I plan on bringing my T25 over to use in the basement. I'm kind of feeling like I prefer T25 over just walking on the treadmill, however I love the recumbent bike. I may decide to do T25 tonight, I honestly miss doing it, and I feel like I got a better workout with it. I will just never be one of those people who can be on a treadmill for an hour, and go any faster than 3.0mph. I just won't do it. I'm not interested in being a runner. I need to buy a HRM so I can see which is a better workout for me.

My best friend Jen signed up for the gym and I am so happy for her. She will do great I just know it. I'm slightly jealous, I love being in a gym atmosphere. She works 2nd shift so she will be going when she gets off of work at 11PM. This girl goes to bed at 9PM so unfortunatly we can't go together. However on the days we do have off together she can bring me as a friend for free so we plan on utilizing that of course.

So today again I am doing really well and have already drank 32oz of water and going to refill now! A healthy dinner and workout session again tonight when I get home. It feels good to take control of this weight, and I am excited to see what I can accomplish.

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment