Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Grateful

Most of us don't realize how great our lives are. I know sometimes I forget. We aren't grateful for things. Sometimes I think things are really unbearable even though they are not. I stress and worry all the time. As a person who blogs, naturally I read other peoples blogs as well. I read other people's TRUE struggles. Their real life tragedies. It makes my problems seem much more trival. I promise to live everyday to it's fullest. To soak in and enjoy every single second I get to spend with my children. I want to be more kind and loving to my husband everyday. I don't want to take this time with my family for granted. I want to be a better mother, wife, daughter, sister, aunt and friend. I will no longer allow myself to sweat the small stuff. Who cares if the trash isn't taken out, who cares if there are dishes in the sink and the house is a mess, who cares if we don't have alot of money, who cares that we don't own a house, who cares if we don't drive the nicest vehicles or have the nicest clothes. Those material things come and go. My family does not. No longer will I spend the time I should be playing with my kids with my eyes glued to my phone or the TV. Get up play with your kids. They won't be little for long. Someone out there in this world is wishing they had just one more minute to spend with their child. Life is beautiful. Be grateful for what you do have in this world. I promise to kiss my family goodnight before bed. I promise to be forever grateful for my two beautiful children who I love more than anything in this entire world. Something yesterday just made me feel the need to express where I stand on my family, and how I want to always be humble and gracious in my life.

 I've recently just had this feeling that I am loved and being looked out for. On two seperate occasions this week I have had unexpected great things happen when I needed them most. No one knew about these small but signigicant tribulations, except for one person. My father. No not my dad (although I'm sure he knows, because he just gets me, kind of like the father I'm talking about), my father, your father, Our Father who is in heaven watching over all of us. Now I will admit I am not a religious woman. I have always been intrigued with knowing more about God, Jesus, the bible all of it. I can't tell you how many times I sat down to read the bible and thought this.

Celebrities Confused animated GIF
 
So that being said, I found out the bible is not meant to be read from front to back. So after googling how to read and understand the bible I found some useful ways to start reading the bible, and i've done just that. First though, I have been reading a book my friend Dan gave me by Steve Cast. I can't think of the name. It's a Q&A book from young christians to him. It is so interesting. I didn't want to put it down last night. Everything made more sense to me. I felt grateful for the closeness I experienced to the lord last night. Some of my friends may make fun of me for talking like this, but I don't care. I thanked him for my healthy happy children, my family and my friends and I thanked him for somehow bringing me closer to him and spiking my interest in him again. I promised to make more time for him, and I intend on keeping that promise. I owe it to him to do so after all he has done for me. For once in a long time last night, I got down onto my knees and instead of praying for things I needed help with, I thanked him for being close to me the last couple weeks and for being close to me always. I thanked him for keeping my family safe and for him to continue to keep them safe. I welcomed him into me and my family's hearts today and always. It felt so good. I had a great nights sleep and was very productive today in what needed to get done. After dinner and time with my family tonight, I will once again make time for him.

* I would like to happily announce that Gavin's eye is back to normal and he had the contact removed and everything looked great! I am so happy. Thank you lord. You are amazing. I may sound a little cooky today, but I decided to let my heart speak instead of my mind today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment